Wednesday 1st July
Following the government announcements last week, we are now ready to proceed with a cautious re-opening of the Club’s Bar and Catering facilities.
This Sunday, 5th June, we will operate a trial service with the Club open from midday. Sunday lunch will be available, and the kitchen will be taking food orders until 5 pm. The bar will stay open into the evening subject to demand.
These are obviously very challenging times; government recommendations and regulations mean we must modify what the Club Bar and Restaurant offer to ensure members and staff can observe adequate social distancing and remain as safe as possible from transmission.
The following measures will be in place.
- Members must pre-book before arrival; this can either be online or by phone when the Club Office is open (currently weekdays 9 am – 12 pm). Operating a booking only system allows us to ensure we maintain a manageable number of members within the Club at any one time.
- We want to ensure priority for members who have been unable to use the club facilities for some months. We, therefore, request that members do not initially bring guests, and bookings are limited to four people.
- Bar and Foodservice will be in the Garden and Corinthian Room, we are not yet able to open the Members’ Bar. When deciding whether to book the Garden or Corinthian Room, please consider Government advice on social distancing, especially if you plan to visit in a group comprising more than two households.
- In the event of bad weather, we will accommodate members who have booked for the Garden elsewhere indoors. Still, we very much hope we will get the weather to enable you to spend an enjoyable few hours enjoying the view over the bay.
- Members must arrive and leave via the back-garden gate; we hope to have the ability to unlock the gate with your membership card in place by this weekend. Using the back gate allows indoor pinch points to be limited.
- We will be operating via table service only in both the Garden and Corinthian Room, with an option to order via your mobile phone (with Members’ discount) if you wish. Members will be asked not to approach the bar unless invited by a member of staff.
- Access to the remainder of the Club apart from the toilets will not be possible for the time being.
Once we have completed the trial service this Sunday, we will then review what worked and what did not, with a plan for a fuller re-opening with a new café style food menu the following weekend already in place. Your feedback and support are very much welcomed as we seek to navigate our way through the return to normality.
Behind the scenes, we will have additional measures in place to ensure the safety of members, with enhanced cleaning, hand sanitiser throughout the building, PPE for staff preparing drinks and food along with other safety measures behind the bar and in the kitchen.
We look forward to seeing many of you in the Club this coming Sunday.