- This event has passed.
Junior Dinghy Sailing Training (RYA Stages 1-4)
August 18, 2022 @ 8:00 am – August 19, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Jump aboard a Dinghy. Learning in a Dinghy is a great and quick way to start sailing.
Your first training booking includes Junior membership of Royal Torbay Yacht Club for the current membership year, subsequent bookings during the year can be made under the discounted member’s rate. If your child is already a member of Royal Torbay Yacht Club, or you have a Family Membership you may also select the discounted member’s rate when booking.
When booking your training on this page please select which RYA Stage you which your child to complete.
Terms and conditions for your training booking can be found here, by booking it is assumed you accept these terms.
- Full wetsuit (ideally)
- Wet shoes (or shoes you don’t mind getting wet)
- Spray top
- Properly fitted buoyancy aid (we can provide if a request is made before the training and we have suitable spare)
- Towel and change of clothes
- Packed lunch (you will get an hour for lunch)
- High factor sun cream
- Course logbook (if you have previously attended a course)
What we provide
- An RYA National Sailing Scheme Logbook
- An RYA Stage 1, 2,3, or 4 certificate (assuming pass criteria are met)
- Membership of Royal Torbay Yacht Club & membership card (if not already a member)
In addition to training, we will provide the following
Our maximum Student to Instructor ratio for this course is 4:1.
Non Member £185
Training courses are subject to last minute cancellation due to weather, low uptake, or unforeseen circumstances. If your course is cancelled, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund.
Refunds cannot be issued less than 14 days before the Training. You cannot reschedule a training session less than 14 days before the event.